My last post of 2017! How crazy how quickly time has gone! I hope you all have had a fab Christmas and enjoy New Years no matter what you do!
More often then not every month I’ll buy myself a new product to try out or just as a treat. Which accumulates to quite a few products and the more space I have to find to fit it all in! So I decided to do a little declutter of all the products I have and really be strict on myself. Usually I’ll keep something ‘just in case’, when actually that ‘just in case’ never comes around. I just end up with products I once used to use a lot and now have moved on, or even products I’ve only used a handful of times and don’t like.
Here are the things I’ll be saying adios to and leaving behind in 2017:
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Lemon – I much prefer the Urban Decay Naked Skin Colour Corrector, if you’d like to read a review click here!
- Sarazaar highlighter – I won this in a giveaway and as pretty as it is, I rarely reach for it. Plus I’m also not a fan of loose pigments, it’s not great for travel and I am a clumsy person – it has been dropped a few times!
- Seventeen Eye Eye Shadows – I have had these for quite sometime, I used to wear them all the time. They are really pretty shades, but since growing my eyeshadow collection I find I don’t really reach for them any more! So I am going to depot them and add them into my makeup kit!
- No 7 Stay Perfect Eye Shadow in Wheatsheaf, Truffle and Starry Lights – I have had these shadows in my collection for a while now and I have never really reached them. The shades aren’t massively pigmented and I prefer others. I am probably going to give them to a friend!
- Rimmel Wonder Wing Eyeliner – I received this earlier in the year and I love that it makes applying eyeliner easier, however for me I have other pens I prefer and are more pigmented than this one. If you’d like to read a more in depth review click here.
- NYX Liquid Suede Metallic Matte Lipstick in Biker Babe and Pure Society – Whilst I haven’t had these two for very long, I’m not a fan of them at all. I have a more in depth review here if you fancy reading it!
- Tanya Burr Cosmetics Matte Lip in Cherry Macaroon – Another product I have had for a while and never really reached for. I have used this recently a few times in a bid to try it out, however I’m not a fan of the formula. I found it to make my lips look really dry.
- The Body Shop Instaglow – I bought this in Spring thinking it would be a great addition. And I have enjoyed using it, again I just don’t reach for it. As someone with combination skin I have to be in a certain mood to want to have a dewy look (without thinking I am looking super oily). I just don’t reach for this enough, if I want to look dewy I have other means to achieve that look!
- The Body Shop Liquid Peel – I bought this after seeing so many people rave about this on their blog/social media! I really like how my skin looks after using this, however I don’t like how it has to be applied. Applied to dry skin in strokes until the product starts to ball up before washing it off. I find the product difficult to remove as it sticks to hairs and it doesn’t feel nice when washing off. However my skin looks so fresh after using it, but I just can’t get past the removal of the product!
- St. Tropez Gradual Tan – I have had this since summer 2016 and I have only used half a bottle. I bought this when I wanted to get into tanning and being beautifully tan all the time. However I am a lazy gal and cannot be dealing with having to constantly keep up with a tan and buy separate foundation, concealer etc to use just when I’m tan. So buying a gradual tan seemed like the easiest option, however I cannot apply fake tan for toffee. It always applied patchy and streaky (no matter how much I scrubbed the night before). I had to hid my legs until they were no longer patchy. Overall I learnt that I have 0 time to tan. I can admire how beautiful girls look with tan, as well as being comfortable in my own ghostly pale skin!
And those are all the things that are leaving my collection
to make room for more in 2017! What products are you leaving behind in 2017? Thank you so much for reading! Until next time!
Follow me: Instagram
4 thoughts on “2017 Declutter”
I did a partial declutter this morning too! I have similar thoughts on that liquid peel but I’m just not ruthless enough, it’s still sitting in my bathroom cupboard!
LikeLiked by 2 people
I really like how it leaves my skin I’m just not a fan of the texture! I’m going to swap it for something else so I can put my money towards something I’ll use more!
I find it really tough throwing away cosmetics – especially things like eyeshadow which may have a lot of product left. But I always feel better after. I’ve thrown away some body moisturiser that I’ve never really liked and some lipsticks.
LikeLiked by 2 people
So do I, I always think ‘oo I’ll use that one day, it could come in handy then’ but actually that day never comes around! It feels so much better getting rid of things I never use and freeing up space!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.