Although we are now 8 days into the new year and I have written up goals I want to achieve in the next 357 days. I was on the fence on whether it was too late to write this post, but it’s better late than never. 2016 for me was a really crazy year, I know a lot of people have been saying how bad it has been for them and on some things I can agree. I’ve had some pretty tough things go on in my life last year that I never envisioned at the beginning of 2016.
But in all honesty I’m glad I had to deal with tough times because life isn’t always happiness and sunshine (as much as Id like it to be). The toughest thing 2016 brought was being unemployed for a short spell, by unfortunate luck both Tom and myself around the same time. I’ve been working for 5 years and it was so difficult to secure a full time job. Employers either wanted more experience or I had too much. It was a never ending cycle and each interview I began to loose hope that someone would employ me. I also tried working in different environments that didn’t suit me and I realised how nasty some people can be just because I’m different from them. Luckily I started a new job last Autumn and T is about to start his tomorrow.
I also started my blog at the beginning of 2016. It took me a while to really get into blogging. It wasn’t until the summer when I found my passion for it. I adore blogging! It has completely taken over my life (I know my boyfriend would agree with that statement!), I am always thinking of different posts to do and makeup looks that I want to try. When I get a nice comment on a post it makes me feel so happy and I love interacting with other bloggers! It only takes a few seconds out of a day to comment something nice on a post and it spreads positivity into some else’s day.
Whilst I’ve had a more difficult year previously than 2016, at the end of each year I have changed into a different person. I’ve learnt lessons and in my opinion I’ve become a better person for having learnt those lessons. The main lesson I learnt in 2016 is that life is unpredictable. When I was in school I always thought I’d have a good grip on life when I’d be entering my twenties. When in reality life happens, things that no one can predict happens. I have done some spontaneous trips last year (in fact I did another spontaneous trip to the beach yesterday!) and I have really dealt with my anxiety. Last year I become more confident within myself and I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. My blog has done better than I ever dreamed it would do so far, it still never really sinks in each time I hit a milestone. I think the last few months of 2016 I really found myself and have built upon that person and discovered the things in life I love are worth time, energy and pursuing.
And so here are a few of the goals I’d like to achieve in 2017:
- Visit at least 4 new places!
- Say ‘Yes’ more! Having anxiety means that a lot of the time I want to do something but I hate how my anxiety makes me feel and it’s so easy to walk away from an opportunity because of it. So instead of walking away, in order to progress with dealing with my anxiety I’d like to not rush myself into making a decision, but to take time to calm myself and say ‘Yes’ rather than walk away. It doesn’t matter what other people think when I want to take my time to relax myself and control my anxiety before going ahead.
- Take more photos! I don’t mean selfies, but often when I go somewhere I don’t take any pictures to document it and look back on. So this year I want to take as many photos as possible to remember the memories made!
- Be more creative with makeup. I love doing makeup and trying different shades is so fun! This year I plan to get even more out of my makeup comfort zone!
- To start a YouTube channel. I know there are millions of people who film about makeup and I want to be one of them. I’ve wanted to start my own channel for a few years and I have just put it off. Well this year I will start! If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you may have seen that I have already filmed my first video! I just need to tweak the video a bit more and it’s ready to go! I’m really nervous to upload it, the age old worry of what if no one likes it!? What if no one watches it!? Well it won’t stop me from uploading more!
Those a few of my 2017 Goals, of course for me it goes without saying that I’d like to continue my journey as a person, to be happy, put myself first more and to spread more positivity.
Do you have any Goals you want to achieve this year? Thank you so much for reading, until next time!
Follow me: Instagram